Consultant Solicitor - Commercial Real Estate & Residential Property
Dawn qualified in 1992 and was a senior partner in London city practices for almost 20 years, thereafter taking on a consultancy role at Fletcher Day. As a senior legal counsel, Dawn specialises in all aspects of both commercial property (from an occupier, developer and investment perspective) and high end residential property.
She is also highly experienced in retail property acting for a multi-national chains in the industries of hair and beauty, health and fitness (gyms), International and NHS suppliers, construction tool hire, among others.
Dawn also has expertise in the related Franchise and business documentation and is able to dovetail this in with the commercial property aspects of a transaction therefore providing the client with the full service required to operate their franchise business.
Dawn has developed her own client following acting for large multi-national companies with portfolios of properties and for the wealthy individuals who own and run those companies as well as pension investors, developers and property developers.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Retail property with a specialism in multiple outlets and franchising including portfolio management.
- Acquiring and disposing vacant and multi-let commercial property including sale and leaseback agreements.
- Working with in-house counsel as their property arm.
- Acting for SIPPS in connection with the management of their investment portfolios.
- Secured lending including property due diligence and security documentation.
- All aspects of non-contentious landlord and tenant work.
- Acting for developers on site acquisition including option, overage, funding, development finance, warranty and funding agreements.
- Acting for corporate occupiers acquiring new space, re-negotiating terms of existing occupations as well as assisting tenants wishing to exit their current tenancy arrangements.
- Rare specialisms in agricultural and equine law, business franchising and dovetailing this with the work covered by our other departments.
- Examples of recent transactions Dawn has worked on include:
- Relocation by way of disposal and acquisition of headquarters in London for a major publicly quoted company (value approx. £10m).
- The franchise and property acquisition aspects of a major fitness and gym franchise.
- Acquisition of a key site with docking facility to the River Thames for a major construction company (value £5-6M).
MEMBERSHIP & RECOGNITION
- Dawn is well known as being an expert in the field of franchising in conjunction with property work. At her previous firm, she succeeded in acquiring membership of the main Franchising Association for the practice.
- Dawn is bi-lingual; she is fluent in both English and French.