Partner - Head of Private Client
Throughout her career Elena has been consistently praised for her friendly and easy to understand approach in discussing traditionally difficult subjects and is proud to have maintained solid relationships with both clients and contacts alike.
Since joining the firm in April 2017, she has risen through the ranks to become one of the firm's youngest partners and has developed the private client department into the growing practice it is today.
Elena is a proud member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and has attended STEP conferences around the world.
This has helped develop her Greek Cypriot practice which she continues to grow. She has written several articles in many publications, including the Financial Times.
Areas of expertise
- Successfully striking off an executor for acting outside of his duty of care towards estate beneficiary.
- Acting for a CEO of a multi-billion pound company in order to mitigate inheritance tax.
- Advising on complex trust matters including the restructuring of various family trusts, together with Counsel, in order to more effectively mitigate various taxes.
- Acting for several high profile and celebrity clients in assisting them with their tax planning.
- Advising on the tax implications, set up and general running of Family Investment Companies.
- Successfully applying for expedited Statutory Will application where Counsel had previously advised it would not be possible within the timeframe.
- Advising on and administering estates in relation to complex cross-border issues and claims.
- Numerous successful Deputyship applications made to the Court of Protection successful negotiations with HMRC of the valuation of a substantial property and other assets in a probate matter.
- Advising a client on an inter family dispute regarding the application of Stamp Duty Land Tax and the existence of a constructive trust.
- Advising clients on their right to make a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
Membership & Recognition
- Elena achieved the highest mark in the country on two of her STEP papers
- She was twice nominated for the Law Society's Excellence Awards.
- Elena speaks fluent Greek.
"Elena has been a trusted family advisor for two generations. Her knowledge of the law is excellent, her advice sound and balanced, always taking into account the individual needs of her client. She asks the right questions and has the ability to listen and dissect what she hears. Our family has been with Elena since 2006 and we hope to continue our excellent working relationship for many years to come. Overall Elena and her team are a joy to work with." - Lucinda Maclagan
"We were recommended to Elena Tzialli after a Barrister said we could not do what we wanted to do. After a productive meeting we achieved our goal in a prompt and professional manner. Since then, most of our family now use Fletcher Day." - Fletcher Day client
"I have been an Independent financial adviser for over 30 years. On a regular basis I have introduced clients to Elena who need Will, Powers of Attorney and Estate planning advice. My clients have consistently commented how professional, understandable and efficient she is. This gives me great confidence that people I've known for many years are receiving the best legal advice possible." - Peter A
"Elena provided professional, expert advice in a step by step process which lead to the seamless and efficient completion of our Will, encompassing all our requirements. This made a daunting task easy." - Mr & Mrs M
"I have known and referred clients to Elena for the last 10 years and am always impressed with her professionalism and her willingness to go that extra mile for clients to make sure they are happy with the service. Her knowledge on domestic and overseas trusts is second to none and she is always happy to deal with both small and large estates. I will always recommend Elena to my clients, as well as my family, for whom she has advised over the years." - Stuart Pereira