Gary is a Director at Fletcher Day and works with both the Commercial Real Estate and Residential Property departments.
He covers all aspects of commercial investment and development work, overage and development agreements, commercial lease transactions for landlords and tenants (including office, retail, restaurants and industrial estates), telecommunications and secured lending.
He also acts for a wide range of non-property businesses which include franchisees, hoteliers and a cinema proprietor as well as for charities and individuals, on their property needs.
Alongside his commercial expertise, Gary acts on residential property transactions for investors, owner occupiers and for developers on the acquisition of development sites, related finance and the disposal of the finished product.
Areas of Expertise (Commercial Real Estate)
- Asset management
- Corporate Occupiers
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Investment
- Real Estate Taxation
Areas of Expertise (Residential Property)
- Acquisitions and Disposals
- Commercial leases
- Exclusivity agreements
- Grant of new leases for developers
- Landlord and tenant matters
- Lease variations
- Licences for alterations
- Property Investment
- Transfer of equity
- Advising a company in respect of operating in the UK and handling the disposal of a shopping centre.
- Refinancing a high value commercial investment portfolio.
- Sale of a University site.
- Acquisition of a national utilities head office for redevelopment involving complex SDLT, VAT and refinancing structures.
- Secured lending work as a panel solicitor for an Irish bank.
- Acting for a national home-builder on acquisition of numerous office blocks, taking advantage of permitted development rights and securing the resulting plot sale work.