Partner - Commercial Real Estate
James is a highly experienced real estate lawyer who has spent the majority of his career practising in the real estate departments of top 100 law firms in the West End and City of London.
His primary focus is advising on all aspects of commercial real estate; his practice also includes residential real estate advice.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE - (COMMERCIAL)
James has acted for clients spanning a number of sectors, including retail, office (City investment and development), general green and brownfield development, leisure (restaurants and pub companies), health care (including care homes, NHS practices and private health care providers) and infrastructure.
- Real Estate Acquisition and Finance
- Leases (for both Landlords and Tenants) including grant, surrender, assignment, variation, sub-lettings and licences.
- Investment and portfolio management.
- Landlord and Tenant advice.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE (RESIDENTIAL)
James' experience includes acting for £100m + property portfolios, on complex £ multi-million transactions in the private estates of central London and green and brown site development projects.
- Purchases, Sales and Grants of Leases.
- Estate Management Schemes.
- Lease issues including extensions and enfranchisement.
- Portfolio management.
- Acting for overseas investors and being familiar with attendant structuring issues.
- Acting for an offshore investor in building a £100M + residential portfolio in prime central London, including the construction and development of one £25m house.
- Acting for a UK top 5 care home provider in the acquisition construction and development of a portfolio of care homes with forward funding and lease back structures.
- Acting on the acquisition, development and finance of an office block in the West End.
- Acting for the main industrial occupier of the current Arsenal stadium in relation to the Compulsory Purchase Order issued for the stadium's development and the occupier's relocation.
- Acting for occupiers of the 2012 Olympic site in negotiations with the London Development Agency for relocation.