Senior Associate - Commercial Real Estate
Matthew is a senior associate solicitor in the commercial real estate team. With a broad spectrum of clients, Matthew advises on the refinance of property portfolios, the acquisition and disposal of freehold land for development and the granting, acquisition and disposal of commercial leases.
In addition to this Matthew also advises on the acquisition and disposal of residential properties all over the U.K., with a focus on prime and ultra-prime central London.
Areas of expertise (Commercial)
- Secured and bridging lending both on behalf of lenders and borrowers.
- Leases (for both landlords and tenants) including, grant, surrender, assignment, variation, sub-lettings and licences.
- Development acquisition and disposal.
- Sale and purchase of development sites subject to planning permission.
- Portfolio restructuring and refinancing.
Areas of expertise (Residential)
- Purchases, sales and grants of lease.
- Lease extensions, variations and rectification.
- Portfolio management.
- Acting for an overseas fashion brand acquiring their flagship store on Bond Street.
- Refinancing an investment portfolio made up of 50 properties.
- Acquisition of a high value pied-a-terre for a member of the Qatari Royal Family.
- Acting for several bridging lenders as a panel solicitor.