Matthew is a partner in the commercial real estate team who specialises in secured lending and real estate finance. He is engaged by a number of bridging finance institutions and understands the need to be prompt, responsive and offer solution-based advice.
With a broad spectrum of clients, Matthew also advises on the acquisition and disposal of freehold land for development and the granting, acquisition and disposal of commercial leases.
Areas of expertise (Commercial)
- Secured and bridging lending both on behalf of lenders and borrowers.
- Leases (for both landlords and tenants) including, grant, surrender, assignment, variation, sub-lettings and licences.
- Development acquisition and disposal.
- Sale and purchase of development sites subject to planning permission.
- Portfolio restructuring and refinancing.
Areas of expertise (Residential)
- Purchases, sales and grants of lease.
- Lease extensions, variations and rectification.
- Portfolio management.
- Acting for several bridging lenders as a panel solicitor.
- Acting for an overseas fashion brand acquiring their flagship store on Bond Street.
- Refinancing an investment portfolio made up of 50 properties.
- Acquisition of a high value pied-a-terre for a member of the Qatari Royal Family.