TRAINEE SOLICITOR - Commercial Real Estate & Residential Property
Mia is a trainee Solicitor within the Property department and has experience in both Commercial and Residential Property transactions.
Her responsibilities involve assisting solicitors with their day to day running of cases which includes, but is not limited to, drafting Leases, Licences and Reports for clients. Furthermore, Mia assists with various post completion matters such as Land Registry applications and SDLT submissions to HMRC.
Mia is particularly interested in development and has worked alongside solicitors who have acted for the UK's largest property developers.
Prior to working at Fletcher Day, she worked as a paralegal at Howard Kennedy and has gained extensive experience in selling off-plan and build-complete flats within new build developments primarily in Central London.
- Conveyancing process from initial instructions through to post completion.
- Assisting solicitors with reviewing loan agreements and security documents.
- Assisting solicitors in drafting leases.
- Assisting solicitors in progressing statutory and voluntary lease extensions.
- Assisting solicitors with their general management of investors' portfolios including letting, licences, surrenders and financing.
NOTABLE CASES ASSISTED ON
- Assisted a solicitor who acted for the developer of a 50 storey residential tower equating to over 400 units in Shoreditch.
- Worked within a team of a paralegal & solicitor, preparing for completion on 3 developments in one quarter, each development consisting of 300 units.
- Exchanged & completed on a £2.5 million penthouse within 2 weeks of issuing papers.
MEMBERSHIP & RECOGNITION
- Mia graduated from the University of Kent, Canterbury with LLB (Hons) in Law and Criminology. In addition, she obtained a distinction in her LPC LLM at the University of Law in Moorgate.