Partner - Commercial Real Estate
Paul is an experienced property lawyer whose practice is focused on advising developers, investors and commercial tenants on purchases, sales, leases and portfolio management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Option agreements
- Site purchases
- Planning agreements
- Plot sales
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Commercial lettings
- Tenant assignments, subletting and alterations
For Commercial Tenants:
- New leases
- Lease variations
For Residential Properties:
- Acting for developer clients over the course of a decade from their early days of loft conversions and extensions through to their current projects which involve the construction of dozens of units.
- Acting for a restaurant chain over the course of a decade on all of its dozen or so site acquisitions.
- Acting for an investor in relation to the management of his £100M London property portfolio.
- Acting for large developers in relation to acquisitions, financing and sales of sites worth up to £40,000,000.
- Acting for a fitness club chain in relation to the acquisition of sites worth up to £10,000,000, subsequent granting of subleases and refinancing of entire property portfolio.
- Acting for tenants of commercial premises including offices, shops, leisure premises and industrial units at rents of up to £500,000 per annum.
- Acting for the purchasers of agricultural land including a country house and estate worth £25M.
"Paul comes highly recommended. Paul and myself have many mutual clients and I am always blown away with his efficiently and diligence. Above all Paul is one of life's good guys. Always there to help and can be relied upon whenever you need some sound advice or help on a property/legal related point. Good luck with the new role Paul, sure you will continue to go from strength to strength". - Harry Murphy Commercial property specialist
"I highly recommend Paul. He is easy to work with and able to translate complex legal wording in to practical terms that can be used to make clear decisions". - Paul Edwards Managing Director at KPP Search
"Paul supported me in a lengthy and twisty lease process for a commercial property. He is an excellent communicator, very easy to work with, extremely knowledgeable and proactive. He moves things forward at pace and goes the extra mile to provide great service". - Ari Iso-Rautio Consultant, Executive
"We hired Paul to do the conveyancing work when moving into new offices in 2010. He was prompt, efficient, accurate and delivered a good value service. I have since recommended Paul to other satisfied clients. He has also been helpful in facilitating other business introductions for our company". - Gavin Cleary CEO at Locate in Kent
"I am a property developer operating predominantly in SW London. I have used Paul's services on several occasions. Paul has always gone the extra mile for me which when transactions become complex is a major advantage. I find his fees very reasonable and have no hesitation in providing the strongest recommendation to use his services for any conveyancing and property related transactions". - Rob Conroy Director at Style & Space
"I instructed Paul on the sale and purchase of two different properties. Paul did a great job for me: he was great at moving things along, offered sound, commercial judgement and was always available when I needed advice". - Manuel Sammut, Partner, Business & Tech-Enabled Services M&A