Piers is a highly experienced corporate lawyer specialising in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital as well as undertaking general company work including company re-organisations, joint ventures and investment agreements.
Piers also undertakes commercial work advising on a range of commercial agreements including franchise agreements, distribution agreements as well as intellectual property matters.
Piers acts for a broad range of clients from small start-ups, SMEs to large multi-nationals as well as high-net worth individuals and entrepreneurs in a broad range of industry sectors.
He also advises a large number of international clients who are based outside the UK.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Banking, finance and refinancing
- Capital restructuring and re-organisations
- Commercial agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity and venture capital
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Investment
- Shareholder agreements
- £40million sale of a multi-national business based in the UK to a large French multi-national
- Refinance of a property investment project in the sum of £26m
- Sale of a football club
- Acquisition of a UK based security business
- Cross-border sale of a television company
- Businesses and individual investors in relation to private equity investment, EIS/SEIS status and other fund-raising
- Fund-raising for a technology and media start-up
- £50m cross-border loan facility and securitisation
- Sale of a events company and advising on the sale of relocation services company
- Acquisition of a veterinary supply company
- Ongoing refinancing of property projects for a property development company ranging from £12m to £18m
- A well-known restaurant chain on the High Street, on various commercial agreements.