Partner - Dispute Resolution
Tarek is a litigation and arbitration lawyer, who represents companies, partnerships and individuals in commercial disputes. He has particular experience of claims relating to financial services, shareholder rights, commercial property and fraud.
Tarek also advises clients on the enforceability of arbitration awards and foreign court judgments. Having spent a number of years working in Dubai, Tarek is registered to practice in the courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC Courts).
Tarek has acted for claimants in a number of leading cases in the DIFC Courts, including:
- DNB Bank (enforcement of English court order in Dubai)
- Tavira Securities (fraudulent share trade)
- Graciela (IT system sabotage)
- FirstRand (breach of property purchase agreement)
- Citibank (summary judgment on claim for declaration)
- Lys (shareholder & employment dispute)
- Tarek has also been involved in a number of arbitrations in the Middle East, including as an arbitrator.
Membership & RECOGNITION
- Tarek is listed in Chambers & Partners and has spoken at conferences held by several organisations, including the IBA, on international dispute resolution matters.