SENIOR ASSOCIATE SOLICITOR – COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE AND RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY
Zara is an experienced senior associate solicitor in the Commercial Real Estate and Residential Property departments. She has extensive experience dealing with large scale portfolio sales and acquisitions for all asset classes and in a broad range of industries. She also has experience in lease extensions and enfranchisement.
Her broad client base includes special purpose vehicles, food establishments, retail shops and warehouses, financial institutions, private investors and businesses and sui generis from the UK and overseas. Zara also advises gaming clients from the UK as well as the Far East.
Areas of Expertise
- Finance and refinance of property portfolios
- Bridging loans
- Lease negotiations on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Acquisitions and disposals of leases
- Lease renewals and licence work
- Lease variations and extensions
- Business sales and purchases
- Acquisitions and disposals of residential properties
- Unregistered land
- Acquisitions and disposals of development sites
- Acquisitions and disposals of off plan and new build properties including student accommodation
- Auction sales and purchases
- Shared ownership
- Transfer of equity
- Plot sales
- Option agreements
- Advised on the acquisition of a £13.5 million mixed use property in central London.
- Acted for offshore commercial landlord in granting commercial leases for a central London mixed use building.
- Continue to advise international gambling group on its UK portfolio.
- Continue to advise high net worth individuals and corporate clients on the management of their property portfolios.
- Acted for reputable property developer in the Far East on a circa £5 million bulk acquisition of off-plan units in a residential development for marketing and onward sales in Asia.
- Acted for a reputable London property developer in granting leases of more than 100 residential flats.
- Acted for a private property developer in acquisitions of several development sites with a total value of approximately £3 million including advising on overage agreement.
- Acted for leading estate agents in the Far East and their clients in bulk purchase of student accommodation.
- Continue to act for high net-worth overseas investors in their purchase of prime residential properties in London.
- Invited to attend property exhibitions in the Far East as panel solicitor for a reputable London property developer.
- Conducted several real estate seminars both in the UK and the Far East delivering presentation in English and Chinese relating to Property Law and transactions.
Membership & Recognition
- At Fletcher Day, Zara is responsible for building relations with clients, referrers and other connections in the Far East.
- Zara is multi-lingual; she speaks fluent English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Malay.